IMPORTANT CONDITIONS & REGULATIONS
ELECTRICAL BOXES MUST BE ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES YET, MUST BE OUT OF VIEW OF THE PUBLIC. EXHIBITOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIDING FROM UNSIGHTLY VIEW BY APPROPRIATE MEANS SUCH AS PLANTS.
1. Orders must be received with payment prior to the published deadline date to receive the advance rate. Floor plans for island booths and any booth requiring electrical distribution must accompany order and payment for the advance rate to apply.
2. Edd Helms reserves the right to correct orders figured incorrectly; including rate changes due to orders received after the discount deadline date.
3. Rates listed include supplying electrical service to one location on the floor at the draped back wall of all in-line and peninsula booths. Island booths require labor and material charges. Floor plans must show a location for the main distribution box otherwise, Edd Helms will supply the main power at a convenient location. Relocation of the service will be billed on a time & material basis.
4. Exhibitors with hardwall displays must arrange for power to be installed inside the booth or provide access.
5. Separate outlets must be ordered for each piece of equipment and/or where an electrical service is required. 500 watt minimum per location.
6. Rates quoted do not include labor or material charges for connecting equipment, electrical distribution or special wiring. Labor and material charges will apply for all distribution from the main power source to all other locations in any type of booth configuration and will be automatically applied to your invoice.
7. Permanent building utility outlets are not part of booth space and may not be used by exhibitors.
8. Labor rates are based upon current wage rates and are subject to change without notice. There is a minimum labor charge of (1) hour per man for installation work. Removal of this work will be billed at a minimum half hour per man or minimum of half the total time of installation and will be automatically applied to your invoice.
9 Unless otherwise directed, Edd Helms electricians are authorized to cut floor coverings to permit installation of service.
10. All material and equipment furnished by Edd Helms for this service order shall remain the property of Edd Helms and shall be removed ONLY by Edd Helms Electric at the close of the show.
11. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES shall anyone other than Edd Helms electricians make electrical connections or install fixtures.
12. All equipment regardless of source of power, must comply with Federal, State, and local codes. Edd Helms Electric reserves the right to inspect all electrical devises and connections to ensure compliance with all codes. Edd Helms Electric is required to refuse connections where the exhibitor wiring is not in accordance with local electrical codes. Charges may be incurred for inspections.
13. Use of open clip sockets, latex or lamp cord wire duplex or triplex attachment plugs, or non-U.L. approved equipment is prohibited.
14. If your U.L. fixtures are not part of your booth, they MUST be installed by Edd Helms Electric.
15. All exhibitor’s cords must be of 14 gauge, 3 wire grounded type. Two (2) wire extension cords are prohibited. All exposed non-current carrying metal parts of fixed equipment, which are liable to be energized, shall be grounded.
16. All electrical equipment must be properly tagged and wired with complete information as to type of current, voltage, phase, cycle, horsepower, etc., required for operation.
17. Labor charges, material charges, and additional power usage; if incurred, will be charged to the credit card on file. Payment in full must be finalized during the event. There is no post show billing. Services may be interrupted if payment is not satisfied during the event.
18. Credit will not be given for electrical service installed and not used. Cancellations received in writing by Edd Helms Electric 14 calendar days prior to the first day of event move-in are subject to a 25% cancellation fee. Overpayments; except sales tax, in amounts less than $50.00 will not be refunded unless specifically requested in writing.
19. Electrical power for lights and displays will be turned on one half hour prior to show opening and turned off one half hour after show closing.
20. All claims or disputes regarding service orders must be settled at the show and submitted in writing to the show service desk. No adjustments will be made after the show closes.
21. Past due balances are subject to a 1.5% per month service charge starting 10 days after the invoice date. Returned checks and credit cards will incur a $25.00 service charge.
22. Exhibitor will pay Edd Helms its attorney fees or applicable agency fees in the event it becomes necessary to turn this matter over to an attorney for collection, or file a lien, or foreclosure, or otherwise.
23. Edd Helms is not responsible for any damage or loss of power beyond its control, including, but not limited to, losses due to utility company failure, permanent power distribution failure, power failure caused by vandalism, faulty exhibitor equipment or overloads caused by exhibitor. Exhibitor agrees to hold Edd Helms, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless for such power loss. In no event shall Edd Helms be liable for any indirect or consequential damages (including without limitation lost profits) even if advised of the possibility of such damages, whether under theory of contract, tort (including negligence), products liability or otherwise. Exhibitor shall indemnify and hold harmless Edd Helms, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, fines, penalties or costs of whatsoever nature (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way connected with Exhibitor’s actions or omissions under this agreement.
24. In the case of third party billing, any unpaid invoices revert to the party contracting for the exhibiting space. Any service charges or collection fees are the responsibility of the contract exhibitor.
25. An audit is completed at each show. Any exhibitor or party affiliated with exhibitor’s display (that is, set-up personnel, ship’s captain or crew) found to be using power not ordered will be charged the standard rate plus an additional 20% audit fee.
26. By signing this form, exhibitor agrees to all conditions and regulations on this order form.